It happened to all of us before; we vow to eat healthy and exercise, but in a one week or one month, we are back to eating junk food on the couch. So how can you make the healthy lifestyle changes stick? Follow these tips.
- Include your friends and families in your plans. Try to also find a work-out buddy. Having support can help keep you on track. Also sharing your successes with them will keep you motivated.
- Try to break one bad habit at a time. This way you can tackle each challenge on its own.
- Forgive yourself when you slip up, and use it as a chance to learn your triggers.
- Reward yourself. For instance, go to a movie or buy a pair of shoes when you achieve a short-time goal. Pick bigger rewards for bigger goals.
- Do not get discouraged. Understand that creating a new habit can take time, but it will be rewarding at the end.