Ramadan will be upon us soon, and it is important to prepare our bodies for fasting ahead of time. Follow these tips to make sure your body is ready:
- Eat moderate quantities. You may be tempted to eat more since you will be fasting soon, however, doing so may increase your appetite. Instead try to keep on consuming moderate quantities of food.
- Eat breakfast early, and avoid snacking through the day. Basically, try to mimic how your eating habits will be during Ramadan. Try to get used to having only two main meals everyday and starting to eat in the early hours (as in Sohor).
- Cut down on caffeine. Switch your coffee to de-café or reduce your intake, so you don’t end up with a headache during the first few days of Ramadan.
- Avoid smoking or smoke less. If you are a smoker, the first few days of Ramadan might be full of withdrawal symptoms (e.g. irritability, difficulty concentrating…etc). By weaning off smoking before Ramadan, you will help your body adjust ahead of time.
- Consult your doctor. If you have any medical conditions that you think may interfere with fasting, make sure to check with your doctor if it is safe for you to fast.
Have a blessed Ramadan