Today’s world is full of distractions which make it hard to focus or concentrate on tasks at hand. If you are having trouble concentrating, these tips will help you focus on finishing tasks.
- Avoid logging on social media sites while you’re working.
- Check your email at specific times each day, instead of checking it continuously.
- Consult your doctor about if you suspect that one of your medications is affecting your concentration.
- Try to focus your attention on one project at a time. Even though multitasking can be necessary sometimes, you lose time whenever you shift your attention from one task to another.
- Try to avoid boredom during boring tasks by taking 10 minute breaks after staying on task for a certain period of time. You could also reward yourself with your favorite snack (a healthy one!)
- Manage nagging thoughts through keeping a journal or a to-do list.
- Talk with a doctor or counselor if you have depression. National Institute of Mental Health says difficulty concentrating is one of the most common symptoms of depression.
- Ask a doctor or counselor about ADHD if you have consistent trouble focusing, and you had attention problems as a child.