It is back to school time! The list is long; buying uniforms, shopping for school bags, and getting the supplies ready. However, as a parent, no list- even during this crazy and busy time- is enough to distract you from the nagging concern that your child might be prone to infections as the weather gets colder and the kids crowd together to play and study.
These tips can help you protect your children, their classmates, and the rest of the family from infection.
- Make sure to stay up to date with your children’s vaccinations.
- Encourage your children to adopt healthy hygiene practices such as:
- Regular hand washing (using the Wet, Lather, Scrub, Rinse, Dry technique).
- Covering the mouth and nose when they cough or sneeze with a tissue (or into their arms if no tissue is available).
- Disposing of the tissue immediately after use.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Give your child a reusable water bottle while going to school, to reduce the risk of him/her contracting an infection while using a water fountain or sharing a bottle with a friend.
- If your child has a contagious infectious disease, keep him/ her home from school or child care until he/she can no longer spread his illness to others.
- Make sure the school clean and disinfect surfaces or objects that children use, and do the same at home especially when someone is sick.
- Consult your doctor about the world’s no.1 Immunostimulant to help decrease the risk of respiratory infections, duration of infection, as well as cut down on treatment cost and school absenteeism.
Wishing all the children a great and healthy school year